Stone Tile at Floor Coverings International in Houston, TX Greater Inwood
Learn about your stone tile options available near Houston’s Greater Inwood neighborhood
Having stone tile installed to your home can give it the most luxurious feel of any other option. This flooring is often used to make a room look roomier. It creates a sense of space while also pulling off show-stopping looks.
With any type of natural stone, you get a non-reproduction finish that is unique and beautiful from end to end. There are many stone tile options ranging from standard to high-end luxury. Luckily, there are also many options for every price point, and we provide professional installation of whatever flooring you pick for your home or business.
Types of Stone Tile
Stone Tile Finishes
The type of finish you choose for your flooring can completely change the feel of the room. While it serves aesthetic purposes, it is important to have a proper finish and seal on your flooring for protection. This is because some natural stone is prone to scratching, so a good finish and seal ensures its longevity.
Here are are the types of finished used when installing stone tile:
- Polished – Granite, limestone, and marble flooring are often polished to enhance their appearance. This gives the floor a shiny, high-gloss finish.
- Honed – Slate, Marble and Limestone do well with this finish. Honed flooring is when the polishing process is stopped short, creating a flat matte finish.
- Saw-cut refined – This process only includes a rough finish, removing only the obvious saw cuts. This is a step down from a honed finish.
- Acid-washed – This is mostly used on granite and limestone to give an unfinished, rustic look. This process is also used on granite to soften its shine.
- Flamed – This is the process of heating and cooling stone tile, creating a rough, slip-resistant finish.
- Split Faced – This is most used with slate flooring. The finish is a product of the hand cutting and chiseling of the stone straight out of the quarry.
- Tumbled – This process includes putting tile in a tumbling machine, giving it a rough, broken-edge appearance. This finish is often used with marble and limestone.
- Brushed – This finish is done by power brushing the floor to give it a natural worn down patina.
Benefits of Stone Flooring
Here are are a few things to consider when having new flooring installed:
- Stone tile is elegant, sophisticated and timeless
- Each piece of stone tile is unique and never identical
- Adds lasting value to your home — stone never goes out of style!
- Low maintenance, easy to keep clean and in like-new condition
- Water and stain resistant
- Eco-Friendly – made with natural materials
- Best flooring for indoor air quality
Online Product Gallery
As you are looking for the perfect stone flooring option for you, you may want to take a look at our online product gallery. It can help you get an idea of what is available and how it could work in your home. At the same time, our online product gallery can help you involve friends and family without having to bring them along with you to the store.
Why Choose Us?
We have so many incredible flooring options. There is something for everyone.
At the same time, we employ experts in all types of flooring who can help you choose the perfect option for you. We also offer the most competitive prices in the area as we work directly with the manufacturers.