Learn about your stone flooring options available in Houston
Natural stone has been a popular option in floor choices for centuries for a variety of reasons. Stone has a quality unlike any other flooring material that adds a unique and special look to any room.
It is extremely durable and suitable for use in heavy traffic areas. Areas like halls, entry ways, kitchens, bathrooms, craft rooms and dining areas all look beautiful with stone floors.
Having stone flooring installed to your home can give it the most luxurious feel of any other option. This flooring is often used to make a room look roomier. It creates a sense of space while also pulling off show-stopping looks.
With any type of natural stone, you get a non-reproduction finish that is unique and beautiful from end to end. There are many stone flooring options ranging from standard to high-end luxury. Luckily, there are also many options for every price point, and we provide professional installation of whatever flooring you pick for your home or business.
Types of Stone Flooring
Stone Tile Finishes
The type of finish you choose for your flooring can completely change the feel of the room. While it serves aesthetic purposes, it is important to have a proper finish and seal on your flooring for protection. This is because some natural stone is prone to scratching, so a good finish and seal ensures its longevity.
Here are are the types of finished used when installing stone flooring:
- Polished – Granite, limestone, and marble flooring are often polished to enhance their appearance. This gives the floor a shiny, high-gloss finish.
- Honed – Slate, Marble and Limestone do well with this finish. Honed flooring is when the polishing process is stopped short, creating a flat matte finish.
- Saw-cut refined – This process only includes a rough finish, removing only the obvious saw cuts. This is a step down from a honed finish.
- Acid-washed – This is mostly used on granite and limestone to give an unfinished, rustic look. This process is also used on granite to soften its shine.
- Flamed – This is the process of heating and cooling stone tile, creating a rough, slip-resistant finish.
- Split Faced – This is most used with slate flooring. The finish is a product of the hand cutting and chiseling of the stone straight out of the quarry.
- Tumbled – This process includes putting tile in a tumbling machine, giving it a rough, broken-edge appearance. This finish is often used with marble and limestone.
- Brushed – This finish is done by power brushing the floor to give it a natural worn down patina.
Benefits of Stone Flooring
Here are are a few things to consider when having new flooring installed:
- Stone tile is elegant, sophisticated, and timeless
- Each piece of stone tile is unique and never identical
- Adds lasting value to your home — stone never goes out of style!
- Low maintenance, easy to keep clean, and in like-new condition
- Water and stain-resistant
- Eco-Friendly – made with natural materials
- Best flooring for indoor air quality
Our Stone Floor Inspiration Gallery
No matter your style, stone is an excellent choice in flooring. Our inspiration gallery will show you various choices and styles to help you narrow down options to review with our Design Associates when they visit your home.
Read More About Stone Flooring
Shop For And Purchase Your New Floor Conveniently From Your Home
Floor Coverings International® is the only flooring company that brings the showroom to you.
Request A Complimentary Consultation
Schedule your complimentary consultation with our team for a time that fits into your schedule.
In-Home Mobile Flooring Showroom®
Our Design Associates meet with you in the convenience of your own home and review the details of your flooring project.
We have factory-trained professional flooring experts who install your new flooring.
Post Installation Follow-up
We return to your property to evaluate the performance of your floor as part of our follow-up process.
We Install Stone Floors in Your Home
Contact Floor Coverings International® today and speak to a design consultant about your new stone flooring in Houston. Our local design consultant is eager to work with you and review any flooring options from the convenience of your house.